This article will walk you through tips on getting started with the Microsoft Project (MSP) New Driver / MS Project Integration Tool for working with Clarity.
Clarity MSP New Driver
Here is a list of getting started notes based on some commonly reported questions:
1. Prior to installing the new driver, uninstall any existing Clarity MSP components from the workstation's control panel.
2. Check to make sure you are using a compatible version of MSP (with any required Microsoft Project updates) based on the MSP Interface version you are using.
3. If you are installing the MSP New Driver with a supported MSI version of MSP, one of the Clarity supported Microsoft Project updates is required to prevent data issues.
4. If you create a task without a dependency in Clarity, and the task does not start on the project start date, add a constraint to prevent the task start/finish dates from moving as the New Driver does not automatically put constraints on tasks.
5. Custom views are no longer saved in the MSP Project's mpp file.
6. MSP project calendar changes are no longer able to be saved in the New Driver.
7. Check your MSP Default settings to make sure that they are compatible with integration with Clarity.
See: Deciding Between the Legacy and New Microsoft Project Driver for more differences between the legacy and new driver.
Reference KB000071385 - CA PPM and MSP integration - List of Knowledge Documents
Reference KB000015956 - CA PPM and MSP integration known defects - Support Technical Document Index
Reference KB000035361 - How do I know if I have the New or the Legacy driver installed for the Microsoft(R) Project integration?
Related Tech Tip: CA PPM Tech Tip: Getting Started with the MSP New Driver