How do I do a Clean Uninstall of the CA PPM Microsoft Project (MSP) Interface?
Sometimes, due to permission restrictions or other issues on the machine, some of the MSP components do not get uninstalled on their own. If that is the case, a manual uninstall is needed to remove the remaining components. Doing a clean uninstall / install is especially recommended if running into issues during an upgrade of the MSP Interface.
Below are the steps to do a clean uninstall:
1. Uninstall the following components from Control Panel (if there are any duplicates of any of the components delete those as well):
2. Clean out the Registry:
Please note that some of the keys may not exist; also, deleting each key will correctly delete all of their sub keys.
3. Go to Add/Remove Programs again and check that there is no trace left of the products that you have removed in step 1
4. Delete the following folders if they are still listed:
Please note that the folder location is dependent on where the MSP Interface was installed:
5. Clean out Visual Basic:
(That is asking if you want to export the files, which is not needed)
6. Verify the correct Trust Center Setting is set:
7. Reinstall the MSP Interface.
8. If using a proxy, reenter the Proxy Host and Proxy Port in the setup window in MSP. See the steps to renter proxy details found in KB: KB000072865
Reference https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=71385 - CA PPM and MSP integration - List of Knowledge Documents
Reference https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=15956 - CA PPM and MSP integration known defects - Support Technical Document Index