Troubleshooting Spectrum Online Backup
Release: All Spectrum Versions
Component: SPCCSS - SpectroSERVER Core
Check Online Backup model for events and alarms:
1. In OneClick, go to Locator Search
2. search By Application Models > By Name
3. search "online" to locate all Online Backup models in your DSS environment
4. select the OLB model having issue and review events and alarms
The Spectrum Online Backup fails with the following two Events/Alarms on the OnLineBackup model:
|OnLineBackup (name - OnLineBackup) has reported a general failure!.|
If an Online Backup has failed previously, the tmp file created may be left, preventing a new backup attempt.
1. Check for a left over "tmpdir" directory in the location where the backup files are saved during an Online Backup process.
2. Remove any left over "tmpdir" directories and try another backup
Hanging Online Backup:
You should now see "Begin Backup Now" and "Ready" under the VNM model > Online Database Backup. This should allow you to run an OnlineBackup. If it hangs again please open a support ticket.
Online Backup Fails with Error : Failed To Open Destination File:
There are several reasons why this could occur:
Enable Online Backup Debugging:
1. Within OneClick, go to VNM model of the same landscape where the Online Backup issue exists
2. Go to Information > Dynamic Debugging
3. Enable Online Backup debug
The debug outputs to <SPECROOT>/SS/VNM.OUT
Fault Tolerant Database Sync Failure:
Review the following log files for errors.
on Primary server:
on Secondary server:
Database Sync occurs on port 51966 - 0xCAFE - by default. Make sure this is open in local and network firewalls, or change in /SS/.vnmrc: rcpd_comm_port=<port number in hex>
There may be times when the SpectroSERVER threads are consumed causing latency issues. This may prevent the online backup from running after changing the attributes. If you try to stop the SpectroSERVER, you are unable to stop it. In this instance you will need to kill the SpectroSERVER and reload a previously saved copy from the last time it successfully ran.