1. The latest version of NFA is 21.2.10
2. Currently available downloads can be seen and downloaded from the Download Center:
3. Announcements for the product updates are also made on the NetOps Communities:
4. Please review the fixed issues list:
Fixed Issues in 21.2.x
5. To provide the greatest protection from catastrophic failure, proper backups are highly advised prior to upgrading or migration:
Backup Instructions for NFA Components:
7. Check the x:/CA/NFA/ folder on each NFA server to ensure that there are no "console_movie.xml or collector_movie.xml" files. If so, rename them from *.xml to *.backup and move the file to the /migrator folder. This will prevent upgrade issues.
8. Check whether there are any scripts, utilities, or Scheduled Tasks in place to monitor and automatically restart any of the NFA or MySQL services. If so, please disable these scripts for the duration of the upgrades. The upgrade procedure involves stopping and restarting services multiple times, and any scripts that interfere with this will cause problems with the upgrade.
9. When upgrading ensure to run the .exe file by right clicking and selecting "Run As Administrator" as this can prevent File Permissions errors during the mysql version upgrade.
10. Do *NOT* Delete the existing Data Source in CAPC as part of the NFA upgrade procedure. This is very likely to cause "Bind" issues when attempting to re-bind NFA to CAPC after the upgrade is complete!
11. All the servers in PM must be upgraded, like DC, DA DR and CAPC. Any data sources are considered separate upgrades.
12. Make sure to complete all Harvester upgrades before starting the NFA Console upgrade. Otherwise, the Pump service on the NFA Console may fail to start if it attempts to pump files generated on Harvesters running older versions of NFA.
Considerations for Linux Harvesters
Some special considerations for Linux Harvesters:
1) The init script (or systemd unit) must be on the root (/) file system.
RHEL 7.3 Service Scripts not executing on reboot (broadcom.com)
2) The /$installdir/CA/NFA/DBUsers/ReporterAnalyzer.ini is in Windows format. Needs to be fixed with the "dos2unix" utility:
Linux NFA Reaper Service won't stay running (broadcom.com)
Post Upgrade Tips
If you previously had HTTPS configured for access to the NFA Web Page, you may to update your configuration as per the link below:
To make HTTPS configuration easier, the "APPLYHTTPS" script can be used to automatically configure HTTPS for you in various scenarios:
NFA: ApplyHTTPS Tool (broadcom.com)
System Status Issues
If "System Status" messages appear in CAPC after the upgrade, make sure that port 8981 is open betweern CAPC and the NFA Console, and that the "CA NFA Odata" service is running on NFA.
Please see the following KB articles:
Errors in System Status page in NetOps portal for NFA datasources
NetOps CAPM Shows Blank NFA Admin Views
Please note that NFA 21.2.10 has a patch that is considered mandatory. Please review this here:
NFA 21.2.10 Drive filling after upgrade Patch