The Investment Allocation job updates the INV_INVESTMENTS table for the LABOR_ACTSUM, LABOR_ETCSUM, LABOR_BASESUM and LABOR_EACSUM fields based on the labor resources allocated to the investment.
The data computed and stored in these fields only pertain to investments that can have actual team members and can have actual effort posted directly into the investment.
- It calculates the sum of the Estimate To Complete values for all the investment's labor assignments and stores the value in the LABOR_ETCSUM field.
- It calculates the sum of the Estimate At Completion (Total Effort) values for all the investment's labor assignments and stores the value in the LABOR_EACSUM field.
- It calculates the sum of the Actual values for all the investment's labor assignments and stores the value in the LABOR_ACTSUM field.
- It calculates the sum of the Baseline values for all the investment's labor assignments and stores the value in the LABOR_BASESUM field.
The Project Object has attributes that use these database fields as data source, a typical usage is configuring the Actuals attribute on the Project List view. As noted above, the data in these fields are only computed and stored on investments with direct team members and direct posted actuals. Therefore, if you are looking for an 'aggregated' or 'rollup' value on a Program, Master Project or Parent Investment (hierarchy investment) within the List View, you will not see the data 'rollup' or 'aggregated'. For any aggregation related to a hierarchy on any Investment type, navigate to the Hierarchy tab for this information.
- If this job is not run, the Actuals column on Project List page does not get updated with new actuals that have come in since the last time the job was run. (See KB Actuals missing on Project List page for one or more projects for more details on the symptoms of this issue)
- The job only processes active investments. (This was implemented starting with Clarity PPM v12.1.0 as fix for CLRT-46880)
- This job may influence data or performance in Demand Management.
- You can run this job immediately or on a scheduled basis.
- When a XOG write action is performed to update projects, the Investment Allocation job is automatically executed so that after the successful XOG action, the end-user is able to immediately see all updated data on the project(s).