PPM attributes: Include in Data Warehouse
Article ID: 124679
Clarity PPM On Premise
Clarity PPM SaaS
Why I am not able to include some attributes in the Clarity PPM Data Warehouse?
- How come I am not able to include some attributes or fields in the Clarity PPM DWH for reporting?
- I verified that the object is included in the DWH and the attribute is not inherited from a master object
- Example: The following attributes are on the Project Object attributes page but you can't add them to the DWH.
- Project Financial Status - PAC_MNT_PROJECTS.STATUS
- Prevent Unassigned Timesheet Tasks - INV_INVESTMENTS.TRACK_ASSIGN_ONLY
- Methodology / Template - odf_ca_project.obj_methodology
- This is by design, as not all attributes are able to be included in the DWH.
- As referenced in the View Objects and Attributes Included in the Data Warehouse section of the Configure the Data Warehouse and Advanced Reporting documentation:
- Only the most commonly used stock objects and attributes in the product are included in the data warehouse by default.
Release: All Supported Releases
- One option is to create a custom domain using the PPM data source and include the desired tables.
- Once the custom domain is created, then create an ad hoc view/report off of the custom domain/tables.
- However, note that it won't be available in Odata as this domain is based on the PPM data source
- Another option would be by creating a custom attribute that maps to the field you want to use in DWH reporting
- Create a custom attribute and include it in the DWH
- Create a custom process to copy the data from the existing attribute to the custom attribute
- Unable to add attribute in DWH if associated to a master object
- Unable to configure an Attribute to be included in the Data Warehouse (DWH)