When trying to deploy a software package, the following error occurs:
"Job execution error, decompression of package image failed. [SDM228477]".
This error occurs periodically on multiple scalability servers and agents. However, the same machine may have other packages deployed ok.
All Versions of CA Client Automation
The Job execution error, decompression of package image failed [SDM228477] error could happen due to one of the possible reasons:
1. Not enough free disk space on the target.
2. Folder length of the package - If the folder length is too long, it is possible that the package cannot be written to the Agent's Activate folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\DSM\SD\TMP\activate) due to OS limitation.
3. Insufficient permissions on the C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\DSM\SD\TMP\activate folder on the target.
4. Possibility of some corrupt job/job container files. This can be resolved by performing a Software Delivery Cleanup as outlined in techdoc TEC1528399
5. Sometimes, the problem may be caused by McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention for Desktop, which blocks files (wrongly - false positive). Please check for the presence of McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention on the target. If it is present, try disabling it (as a test) to check if the problem persists.