When trying to deploy a software package, the following error occurs:
"Job execution error, decompression of package image failed. [SDM228477]".
This error occurs periodically on multiple scalability servers and agents. However, the same machine may have other packages deployed ok.
The Job execution error, decompression of package image failed [SDM228477] error could happen due to one of the possible reasons:
1. Not enough free disk space on the target.
2. Folder length of the package - If the folder length is too long, it is possible that the package cannot be written to the Agent's Activate folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\DSM\SD\TMP\activate) due to OS limitation.
3. Insufficient permissions on the C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\DSM\SD\TMP\activate folder on the target.
4. Possibility of some corrupt job/job container files. This can be resolved by performing a Software Delivery Cleanup as outlined in techdoc TEC1528399
5. Sometimes, the problem may be caused by McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention for Desktop, which blocks files (wrongly - false positive). Please check for the presence of McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention on the target. If it is present, try disabling it (as a test) to check if the problem persists.