There is a simpler alternative way of changing the Applications Manager Oracle password compared to what is written in the documentation. Below is the process for this.
Release : 9.3
1. Stop all processes with 'stopso all' command in Unix/Linux or stop watchworx service in Windows.
2. Change the password in Oracle. This generally requires the DBA to log into Oracle and run the sql "Alter user <USER> identified by <pw>; ". However please refer to DBA for this step.
3. Sqlplus into Oracle with the new password
4. Run the following sql:
update so_ids set so_encrypted = 'N' where so_login = '<AM Oracle user>';
5. Exit Sqlplus and make a backup of the Masters.properties file
6. Run awinstall until ONLY AFTER you enter in the new password. Then you can go ahead and quit. You will see below that a new Masters.properties file is created.
If needed, please refer to Article 92389 which details how to run awinstall.
7. Restart all processes with 'startso all' comand in Unix/Linux or start the AM watchworx service in Windows
8. Run the command 'awexe id_recrypt' to re-encrypt password that was unencrypted in step 4.
9. Password change complete