Deleting / Purging Resources or Users is not possible through the user interface by design to keep data integrity intact. Direct database action is not supported as this is high-risk, and could render the underlying data-set as unusable. Deletion of certain data, could potentially be in violation of Sarbanes-Oxley, federal audits, or other corporate review boards.
In scenarios where a Resource/User is requested to be removed, the current Best Practice method is the following:
- Deactivate and lock the resource and user respectively in the application on both the Administration and Home properties page
- Other users cannot assign deactivated resources or roles to tasks.
- The inactive resource or role continues to appear in the resource list unless you filter it out.
To inactivate a user from both the Administration and Home->Resources side
- In the Clarity Menu, go to Administration, and from Organization and Access, click Resources.
- Click on a Clarity Resource
- Update the status to the appropriate level (inactive or locked)
- Active: (Default) Activates and enables the resource for assignment projects.
- Inactive: Deactivates and prevents the resource from being assigned to projects unless the filter is set to display inactive resources.
- Lock: Prevents the resource from logging in to Clarity.
- This will inactivate the user from Home->Resources as well.
To inactivate the user only from Home->Resources
- Open Home, and from Resource Management, click Resources.
- Open the resource or role.
- Clear the Active check box, and click Save.
- Change the resource name (or resource ID if not financially enabled).
- Once a resource has become financially enabled the resource ID field becomes locked and cannot be changed.
- Reference Is it possible to change a Resource ID??
- Clearly mark the deactivated Resource names with "DO NOT USE" or your own variant, as part of the update
- Remove security access rights associated with the user profile to release the licensing count reported on the License Information Portlets.