How do I create and configure the Aclient.inp so that new or existing computers can take the configuration?
- Open DS Console and then go to Tools > Remote Agent Installer.
- Provide credentials to access the AClient configuration and then click Next.
- On the next screen make sure that AClient will be install in C:\Program Files\Altiris\AClient\.
- Go to Change Settings and configure the client the way you want it.
- Once you are done with the configuration, click OK and then click Next.
- You can tell the AClient to be added to a specific group or the default group click Next.
- Click Add.
- You can choose a computer from the list or just give a 123 computer name in the window and then click OK.
- The computer name will appear in the next window for selected clients.
- Click on Export and save the file to your Desktop or any other location except the Deployment Server folder.
- Go to the location where you saved the file and you will find two files: computer name .rci and computer name.inp.
- Delete the .RCI file; it's not needed.
- Open the .INP file with Notepad or Wordpad and make sure that the configuration is correct.
- Rename the .INP file to AClient.inp.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server and rename the existing AClient.inp to AClient.old.
- Copy the new AClient.inp to C:\Program Files\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server.
You are done. When you push the DAgent to new computers they will take your new configuration.
If you want to push the new AClient.inp with a log on script, follow these suggestions in article HOWTO1204, "How to use a login script to install AClient."