How to gather troubleshooting information for the Unix, Linux and Mac SMP Agent and Inventory Solution
To collect all available data from ULM machine for Inventory troubleshooting please do the following:
1. Collect information about agent and plug-ins:
2. Gather output for all inventory solution commands issued and their results. To do so, insert the following lines to the /opt/altiris/notification/nsagent/bin/aex-env file:
3. Set DEVNOTE log level, unset log file limits, set backup dir for all NSE files, restart agent, empty client log
4. Run an inventory task with appropriate options set in the main window and the advanced window tabs.
5. Run the attached shell script, getinvdata.sh, to automatically run the individual inventory scripts. The output is gathered in the /tmp/syminvdata.out file, by default. It is also possible to run individual scripts for individual data classes, as explained in knowledge base article: How to run individual scripts to view data gathered by Inventory Solution for Unix, Linux and Macintosh 8.x
. In case of running individual scripts, collect the data from the on-screen output, as there will be no file generated.
6. Collect files and send the following files to Symantec Technical Support or other representative for review:
7. Undo the above settings to prevent unnecessary file accumulation.
Note: Setting a value to "" (empty double quotes) will set a client.conf value to null/blank.
To use the script named getinvdata.sh, please do the following: