The Symantec Diagnostic Tool (SymDiag) quickly and efficiently diagnoses common issues and provides licensing and maintenance information for supported Symantec products. Use SymHDiag at any time to view licensing status for supported products, assist with the management of maintenance contracts and never miss a renewal date again. For more information see About the Licensing Dashboard in SymDiag
Download and run SymDiag
2. Save the file on your Desktop.
3. Double click on the SymDiag.exe icon on the Desktop.
4. Select your language.
5. Accept the EULA.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions
View the SymDiag Main Home Page
SymDiag automatically detects the installed Symantec products it supports and lists these in a table on the home page entitled, “Installed Products Licensing Overview”. This table provides licensing information at a glance for all supported products including trial products such as product name, version and summary status for software licenses and maintenance contracts.
Select a product to view detailed Licensing Dashboard
Clicking on each supported product name in the Installed Products Licensing Overview table reveals an individual licensing dashboard view containing:
· Software license and maintenance contract detail
· Maintenance contract status indicating expiration dates
· Alerts with instruction on appropriate resolution
· Renewal FAQ and Get Help links
· Option to add renewal reminders to your calendar
· Option to print licensing details
For more information on how to renew maintenance contracts, visit Renewal FAQ.