How Can I Automatically Open Projects In A Scheduler (OWB, MSP) When Using Firefox Or Chrome?
Article ID: 15143
Clarity PPM On Premise
- When I use Internet Explorer, projects open automatically when using the "Open in Scheduler" (to Open Workbench or Microsoft Project), but not when I use Firefox or Chrome.
- In Chrome, a sched.nikusl file shows at the bottom that I have to click on to launch the project in MSP
- How can I open them automatically when using those browsers?
- When using the "Open in Scheduler" option, a .nikusl file is downloaded for the CA PPM Schedule Connect application to open the appropriate project in the scheduler of choice.
- Internet Explorer will open this file by default, but Firefox or Chrome will download the file by default.
Release: All Supported Releases
Component: Clarity Microsoft Project Interface
In order to open this file automatically:
- By default, Firefox will ask if you want to open the file or save it to your downloads folder.
- Check the "Do this automatically for files like this from now on" checkbox to set it as a new default option:
- Chrome will download the file by default, but it can be chosen to "Always open files of this type" automatically by clicking on it in the bar that appears below:
- Note: These files will still be downloaded to your computer, regardless of the browser and settings used, like Internet Explorer does on its temporary files folder.
- All the above depends on your browser settings.
- Please check with the browser vendor on how to adjust those settings if they have already been customized or for additional information.