MS Server Core is a minimal server installation option for the Windows Server 2016 operating system.With the Server Core option, the standard user interface (the Desktop Experience) is not installed; you manage the server using the command line, Windows PowerShell, or by remote methods..
Because of this, special instructions are provided to install and run Web Viewer 12.1 on Windows Core 2016.
MS Windows 2016
MS Windows 10
MS Windows Admin Center
CA Output Management Web Viewer 12.1
Transferring files to Windows Core:
4. Open a new window on the Admin Center, and then click the Files option on the left Pane
5. Click on the “More” button
6. Then click “Upload” to upload the Windows java install executable to the Core system.
7. Upload CAOMWV.EXE to the Windows Core System.
8. Upload the latest maintenance build, CA_OM_WEBVIEWER_12_1_Updt.jar, to the Windows Core System
Installing on Windows Core
1. Install java on the Core system:
jre-8-windows-i586.exe /s /L C:\pathsetup.log
Note: The actual Java executable may be different.
2. On the Windows Core system, execute CAOMWV.EXE
3. Follow the documented instructions to install the product.
4. Create the System environment variable that is required for external configuration Web Viewer:
setx CAOMWV12_HOME "C:\Program Files\CA\CA_OM_Web_Viewer" /m
Note: This assumes that you placed Web Viewer in the default directory. Change the value of CAOMWV12_HOME if you installed Web Viewer somewhere else.
5. Configure Web Viewer as usual by running ConfigTool.bat.Bringing up Web Viewer
Increase your heap size - important. This refers to Tomcat 7 but you can also use it by specifying Tomcat 8.