You wish to do one of the following:
NOTE: SPE configuration files are version specific. Restoring SPE configuration files of the wrong version cause the SPE service or daemon to fail to start.
How to backup the SPE configuration:
How to restore the SPE configuration:
How to copy the SPE configuration to a different computer:
1. Stop the Symantec Protection Engine service or daemon.
2. Copy the backup configuration files from an alternate location on your file system to the Symantec Protection Engine folder over-writing the existing configuration files.
3. Open the file configuration.xml in an editor and change the following item to contain the new computer's IP address (there may be more than one line with this value):
4. Save the file and close the editor.
5. Start the Symantec Protection Engine service or daemon.
Configuration Files for SPE
• The configuration for SPE is contained in the following files:
The location of the file is in the following directory (default location):
Windows 32-bit operating system:
Windows 64-bit operating system:
• If the liveupdate.conf file has been modified to include settings such as proxy server values, you will need to include the liveupdate.conf in your backup.
The location of the file for Protection Engine 7.0.x is the SPE installation folder.
Windows 32-bit default location: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Scan Engine
Windows 64-bit default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Scan Engine