You have either newly installed an appliance, or you have purchased a new license for an existing installation, and you would like to know how to properly install the license. The appliance is running version 7.5 or later.
To complete registration, you need the license file (.slf file) provided to you by Symantec. If you do not yet have the license file, you will need to obtain it at Symantec’s licensing portal at http://licensing.symantec.com. Place this license file on the computer from which you are accessing the Control Center.
Each time you add a Scanner, you must confirm your licenses or register again. However, you can use the same .slf file for each Scanner.
Note: If you have purchased a license for an additional feature we recommend that you combine the licenses at the licensing portal. Enter all serial numbers for the current licenses you intend to use with this appliance at the portal before generating the license file. This will provide you with a single .slf file for use below.
Note: For your Scanners, ensure that your network is configured to permit outbound connections to Symantec on port 443. For registration and ongoing operations, appliances communicate with Symantec Security Response over a secure connection.
To license the appliance:
1. From a computer that can access the appliance, locate the appliance in a browser.
2. If you have not done so previously, accept the self-signed certificate to continue.
3. Log in as user ‘admin’, using the password you set during initialization.
4. On the License Registration page, click Browse to find your .slf file.
5. Select your .slf file and click Open to return to the License Registration page.
6. If your Scanner will be using a proxy server for communications with Symantec, check Use HTTP Proxy and complete the proxy configuration fields.
7. Click Register.
8. If you have another .slf file for a different feature, repeat Steps 4, 5 , and 7.
9. When all your .slf files are successfully registered, click Next.