Failed to create object Altiris.AeXNSCPkgSvr: The object is not registered or is not present in the policy (-2147467237)When you go to the Site Server screen, it shows the package service is installed when it is not installed on the client machine. Also, when the agent is installed on the client machine, it shows up as not being installed in the NS Console.
Package server agent was manually installed on a Site Server before the Server was setup as a "site server" in the NS console. This resulted in some strange behavior- when the Computer was selected to be a package server, the Package server "install" task would actually uninstall the manually installed Package server agent from the site server. Doing an "uninstall" from the console would initiate the installation of the Package Server agent.
In this case we solved the problem using this method:
0) Ensure that the Altiris Services are started on the NS. If the services are not started, then this fix will not function
1) Uninstall the Package Server agent from the site server (Manually)
...Once the agent is removed, perform a Delta Resource Membership update
2) Ensure that the Package Server shows up as not having the Package Service installed in the NS console.
3) Delete the Client Policy xml, AeXSWDPolicy.xml and the Package GUID folder of the "Package server agent" from the affected site server (found under <installDir>\Altiris Agent\Agents\SoftwareManagement\Software Delivery folder)
4) Install the Package Server service via the NS Console (on the Site Maintenance / settings page)
...You may need to do another Delta Resource Membership update before it will let you install the Package Service.
NS 7 SP2 + HF2