1. In one of my test servers I found the following (. As well in my case, I installed the new licenses at least 1 week ago and were still showing as expired):
2. If I open the SIM licensing page, I see that the expiration date is fine and not expired:
3. If I open the LicenseRemoval tool (…\program files\altiris\notification server\bin\tools), I can see that those licenses are applied with the right AUP dates:
4. However, when I go to the licensestatus table in the NS db, I see that multiple licenses were expired:
5. I went to the Control Panel> Scheduled Tasks>NS.Internal Licensing Refresh Item and ran it but it didn’t make a difference.
6. I tried to reapply the licenses by removing them and reapplying them but it didn’t make a difference. I noticed that the Altiris Service was restarting as part of the license installation process:
7. I checked the database and I got the same issue: some licenses were still appearing as Expired.
8. What I had to do is to manually restart the Altiris Service. After that the issue was gone and the licenses were fine:
9. I tried this with the customer and it worked. I am not sure if the ‘restarting services to activate licenses’ actually works but the interesting thing is that after making sure the licenses got installed and showing in the database as they were OK, I removed the licenses one more time, reinstalled them and let SIM to restart the Altiris Service and then the database got updated just fine as suppose to. Weird. Probably the issue happens just the first time that you install the new licenses
SIM is not restarting the Altiris Service properly.
This issue has been fixed on SIM build 406 and later.
When the user clicks "Close" on the licensing view, there is now a prompt that provides a choice for the user. they can continue without the service restart (but a "licensing re initialize" call will still be made), or they can choose a service restart if desired. Also, they have a choice to "always perform this action" that persists these options in the registry.
Symantec Installation Manager (SIM) 7.0.334
Notification Server 7.0.3876