Symantec Protection Engine (SPE) service randomly hangs. When hung, GUI access & scan requests fail to connect.
To resolve this issue apply the hotfix (SPE_7.9.1_HF06.zip) contained within this article.
Instructions to apply the hotfix:
1. Stop SPE (symcscan) service.
2. Navigate to SPE installation location.
3. Back up servers.jar & symcscan.exe (windows) or symcscan (linux)
4. Replace servers.jar & symcscan/symcscan.exe with the correct SPE installation type (Cloud Service / NAS).
5. Ensure the permissions for the newly copied files are identical to backed-up files.
6. Start the SPE (symcscan) service.