NOTE: Please refert to article TECH194254 as the currently supported way to change the Application Identity account.
There may be circumstances that require a password change for the Symantec Management Platform (SMP) account within Active Directory, also know as the Application Identity account. This is the account that is created when first installing the Symantec IT Management Suite (ITMS) from the Symantec Installation Manager (SIM).
Important Note! Ensure to login into the server where the SMP is installed with the current Service or Application Identity credentials prior to making any changes
Follow these steps:
1. Open up the ITMS Management Console.
2. Navigate to the "Settings" page.
3. Open All settings > Notification Server > Notification Server Settings.
4. Leave this page OPEN in the console and then navigate to Users and Groups within Active Directory.
NOTE! The console settings tab needs to remain open while changing the password in Active Directory. If you navigate away from this page before completing the steps provided, services may fail to start properly.
5. Locate the Application Identity account within Active Directory and change the password accordingly.
6. Save the changes within Active Directory.
7. From the opened ITMS console page in step 4, locate the "Application Identity" options
8. Change the password to the new password used for the application identity account within Active Directory.
9. Once the password has been changed in the ITMS console select the option to SAVE CHANGES in the lower left corner of the window.
NOTE! Do not select the option to restart services
10. Once the password has been changed and saved, open up the Windows Services.
11. Restart the Altiris Service and select yes when prompted to restart other dependent services.
12. Restart IIS by opening an elevated command prompt in windows and type the following command: iisreset and hit enter.
Note! If the services fail to start or the console is inaccessible after completing these steps, kindly configure the SMP with AeXConfig.exe command following the steps provided below.
Use the AexConfig.exe utility to reset the Identity account.