You need to verify the Scan Engine version on a Macintosh running the Endpoint Protection client for Macintosh.
Follow these instructions to verify the Scan Engine version being used for a specific definition set in the SEP for Mac client.
1) Open the Endpoint Protection for Mac GUI to verify the definition set being used.
2) Using Finder, open the folder structure to the definition set being used.
3) Using the definitions date identified in step 1, open the folder that corresponds to the user interface.
4) Right click on the 'navlibx' file and select Get Info.
5) The pane that opens up will show the Scan Engine Version identified as the Norton Antivirus Scan Engine followed by the revision.