DeployAnywhere does not match on a 'broadcom.bcmnfcusb.18.104.22.1681' driver (8.0 POST HF2 pointfix)
DeployAnywhere appears to work but the wrong driver is selected.
DeployAnywhere was not properly evaluating the string
DA was only evaluating
This issue has been resolved with updated DeployAnywhere files. Update Deployment Solution to 8.0 HF3 or later, or manually apply the updated DeployAnywhere files using the steps below.
Manual application steps:
1) Download the two files attached to this article (currently from 8.0 HF4)
2) On the NS place DeployAnywhere.exe in "<install drive>:\Program Files\Altiris\Deployment\Imaging\ghost\x86"
3) On the NS place DeployAnywhere64.exe in "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Deployment\Imaging\ghost\x64"
4) Run 'package refresh' on the NS via task scheduler
5) Ensure that the 'imaging' package is updated on the site server(s)
6) Recreate the preboots.
Details of solution:
DeployAnywhere will now evaluate the string:
This is correct because the REV_0101 should not be evaluated as it is not provided by device driver manufacturers. A fix was also made to address a situation where an older driver by date was actually selected instead of the newest driver.