After generating a WCF component for a custom WCF server, the user kept receiving an error and was unable to use the component for his data.
Error Error in Retrieve Data model: XSSD call Execution Engine Exception System.Exception: Execution Engine Exception ---> System.Exception: Execution Exception ---> System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriate binding element. ---> System.ServiceModel.QuotaExceededException: The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriate binding element. --- End of inner exception stack trace
The binding element of the value for MaxReceivedMessageSize property was set for the component at (65536). This was insufficient for some of the message sizes that the customers data was generating.
Initially the default value was thought to not be edited, except through generating the component code, extracting it through the generator, and then changing the binding value in the C# code in a development environment, such a Visual Studio.
However, here are the steps to resolve this issue.
1. Open your Workflow Project where the new WCF integration component is to be used.
2. Insert the WCF integration component in the process
3. Double Click on the component.
4. Under the General Tab, you will see the "Binding" open. Choose the ellipsis next to that option
5. It will have a constant value listed. Click "Edit"
6. Now scroll down and find the "Max Received Message Size" and increase this. Recommended values are to double the default.