Application metering does not function when UEFI secure boot mode is used.
The application metering portion of Inventory Solution 7.x does not function when UEFI secure boot mode is used. This issue is addressed by the attached point fix that introduces the use of a kernel level driver for application metering.
In addition to enabling application metering to function in cases where UEFI secure boot mode is used, this point fix also provides several other benefits:
Please see the attached file “Pointfix_eTrack3955714_INV_7_6_HF7.zip”. ReadMe notes are also included with the Zip file.
Inventory Solution 7.6 HF7
Note: PF#3955714 can be applied to both 7.6HF7 and 7.6HF7 + PF#3928110.
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX
1. Retrieve files from the archive to the NS hard drive.
2. Run as administrator “PFInstaller.exe”, click "Install Files" button.
3. Run scheduled tasks "NS.Package Refresh" and "NS.Package Distribution Point Update Schedule.
4. Upgrade Application Metering Agent using cloned default “Application Metering Plug-in for Windows Upgrade’ policy
HOW TO UNINSTALL
1. Make sure that Backup subfolder is located in Point fix directory
2. Run as administrator “PFInstaller.exe”, click "Uninstall Files" button.