This solution guides the Portal user on how to add a technology list in the MSS Customer Portal.
Note: Please refer to the portal guide in the portal downloads section: Symantec MSS Portal Users Guide page 58-59
You can create an unlimited number of technology lists. It is helpful to have an inventory of systems and services with vendor names and revision levels before creating new lists.
To create a new technology list:
1. At the bottom of the Manage Technology List page, click Add New Technology List.
2. In the Technology List configuration page, type a name for the technology list.
3. Select the category of the technology.
4. In the Vendor area, specify the vendor of the technology you want to include on the technology list.
You can select a vendor and then click the Include icon (a blue arrow with a plus sign) to add a vendor's entire product line to your technology list. Also, if you want to remove an item that you placed in the Selections area, click the item and then click the Exclude icon (a red arrow with a minus sign).
5. In the Products area, specify the product you want to include on the technology list.
You can select a product and then click the Include icon to add all versions of the product to your technology list.
6. In the Versions area, select the version or versions of the technology to include on the list and click Include.
7. Additional technologies can be added to the list by selecting another vendor and repeating the last two steps above.
8. Check the Include Related Technology Packages check box if you want every package installed with a technology by default to be included in the technology list.
9. Check or uncheck the Internal Sharing and Internal Copying check boxes to specify if you would like to share lists or allow people within your organization to copy your Technology List.
10. Click Save when your list is complete.
You can delete a technology list that you no longer need.
To delete a technology list:
1. Locate the technology list you want to delete and click Edit.
2. Click the Delete button on the right.
3. At the confirmation prompt, click OK.