Customer reported this in 7.6 HF1 and I have duplicated this in 7.6 HF2.
Unable to push software to users imported via AD Import.
Create a Managed Software Delivery policy.
Under "Applied to" select "Users".
In the "Select users" window choose the following:
"exclude users not in"
Select a user that was imported via AD Import Click "OK".
Change the view to "Users" to confirm that the name and domain are as expected.
Schedule and enable the MSD Policy.
The computer that user is logged into never receives the MSD policy.
That policy never populates the client policy (user policy or computer policy).
There are no log entries on the client regarding the policy.
That user is listed in the Inv_AeX_AC_Primary_User table for the test computer.
For my testing I started with a system that has never run an AD Import.
The user data is from Basic Inventory.
I was successfully able to push software to a user that was imported by Basic Inventory.
That user is in the "user name.computer name" format.
I scheduled the policy to run at a certain time.
I then logged into that client computer as the targeted user.
The agent picked up the MSD policy and displayed it in the Agent UI.
At the scheduled time the policy started running.
In a second test I scheduled the MSD policy to run "When user logs on".
After enabling the policy I then logged onto the client.
The client ran the policy shortly after logging on.
I then ran an AD Import for Users.
Those users are in the "domain\user" format.
When I target one of those imported users the computer that user is logged into never receives the policy.
Even after running the AD Import, if I target users in the "name.computer" format it works.
But if I target users in the "domain\user" format it fails.
None at this time.
This has been reported to Development for a fix.
Development confirmed this issue exists in 7.6 HF1.
They could not duplicate this issue in 7.6 HF5 or in the pre-release version of 7.6 HF6.
This is marked as fixed in 7.6 HF5 and 7.6 HF6.