Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) fails to install.
FATAL I SIS [InstallContent] Failed to create ISEPDefUtilsHandler (SYMRESULT 0x80010303)
Group Policy Object "Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update" is enabled.
To turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type gpedit.msc, and then click OK.
3. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
4. Double-click Administrative Templates, double-click System, double-click Internet Communication Management, and then click Internet Communication settings.
5. Double-click Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update, click Enabled, and then click OK.
6. Close the Local Group Policy Editor.
This can also be caused by missing Trusted Root Certificates:
Verify root certificates are in place 1) On affected Server, Start -> Run -> mmc 2) File -> Add/Remove Snap-in 3) In left-hand pane, select Certificates. Click Add. On following screen, fill in radio button for "Computer Account" and select Next. 4) Select "Local Computer" and click Finish. 5) Click OK. 6) in left-hand pane, expand "Certificates (Local Computer), then expand Trusted Root Certification Authorities. Once visible, highlight Certificates in left-hand pane. 7) In right hand pane, find certificate with Issue To column entry of "Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority". If it exists, double-click this entry, select the Details tab, and confirm its Thumbprint is "74 2c 31 92 e6 07 e4 24 eb 45 49 54 2b e1 bb c5 3e 61 74 e2" While we are in this area, confirm existence of second root certificate: 8) in right-hand pane, find certificate with Issue To column entry of "VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5". If it exists, double-click, select Details tab, and confirm its Thumbprint is "4e b6 d5 78 49 9b 1c cf 5f 58 1e ad 56 be 3d 9b 67 44 a5 e5"
If the certificates are missing please export them from another system and import and try the installation again.