This article guides the MSS Portal user on printing and exporting data from the Portal.
Printing or exporting data in the Portal
Note: Please refer portal guide in the portal downloads section: Symantec MSS Portal Users Guide page 73-74
The Portal lets you generate printer-friendly views of most of the interface's pages and export data from many of the grids. If you see an icon for Print or Export on the right side above the grid or report, then the functionality exists for that item.
Note that the Intelligence tab content does not support this Print/Export feature.
Note: If you want to include your brand header on your printouts, you must enable the option to print background images and colors in your web browser. In Internet Explorer, click Tools > Internet Options, click the Advanced tab, scroll to the
Printing section, and check the Print background colors and images box. In Firefox, click File > Page Setup, and check the Print Background (colors &images) box.
The Export function captures grid data, including hidden columns, and converts it to a comma-separated values (.csv) format for viewing and manipulation in the compatible application of your choosing. For incident grids, the exports 180 days of data; for requests and asset grids, all data is exported.
To print a report or grid
1. Customize the report or grid you intend to print. The output will contain only those columns that are displayed in the grid.
2. Click the Print link located on the right side above the report or grid.
3. Print the view using your browser t's print function.
To export grid data
1. Click the Export icon located on the right side above the grid.
2. In the Opening ReportData.csv window, click Save to Disk.
3. Click OK.
4. If your browser is configured to automatically route downloads to a specific location, you will find ReportData.csv there. Otherwise, in the Enter name of file to save to... window, modify the file name as desired, navigate to your preferred download location, and click Save