Steps to reproduce:
1. In Manage -> Computers select 2 or more computers
2. Right click on the selected resources -> CMDB Functions -> Bulk Edit
3. Select comment and populate the field
4. Submit the form
The issue is reproducible only with specific resource associations. For instance associations similar to this one can cause unhandled exception if you submit a Bulk Edit form:
As a workaround you can review your custom resource associations with both resource types selected in the "Enable Editing From" section and either uncheck one resource type or change Min/Max cardinality values.
Unhandled exception. Type=System.NullReferenceException Msg=Object
We have a pointfix for 7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup v6 or above (e.g RU7, RU8, RU9, RU10...) which is also attached to this KB. Please note that you need to have Rollup v6 or above installed for 7.1 SP2 MP1 before you apply this pointfix.
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX
1. Extract files from the archive to NS machine. Make sure PointFix is not extracted to Altiris directory (or any subfolder to it).
2. Execute PFInstaller.exe file with administrative privileges (right-click > Run as administrator).If UAC is enabled then accept UAC if prompted. Select ‘Install Files’ option.
3. Old files will be automatically backuped to the Backup folder at the same location where PFInstaller is and replaced with the new ones. Log-file Log.txt will be created at the same location where PFInstaller is.
4. Close PFInstaller window.
7.1 SP2 MP1 Rollup v6+