Patch Management & Software Delivery Package Event cubes fail to process with an ‘OLE DB reported an overflow of the data type for column 0’ error.
OLE DB reported an overflow of the data type for column 0.
Cube processing fails because of a data type mismatch between the view used to fetch data from the SQL database and the cube.
This should be resolved in the latest versions you can try recreating an IT Analytics database from the console and re-install cubes to see if issue is resolved. If issue persists apply scripts below.
1. Extract the following files from the Csmpscripts file.
· DSV Patch Management.XMLA
· Cube Patch Management.XMLA
· Measure Group Applicable Patches.XMLA
· Measure Group Installed Patches.XMLA
· Measure Group Patch Vulnerabilities.XMLA
· Measure Group SWD Exec Events Computers
· Measure Group SWD Package Event Computers
Software License Evaluation Script.txt
Note: This file must be the first file altered in this process.
Warning: Each file used in this process must be modified to match the DatabaseID to the name of your IT Analytics database. Failure to do so will cause the cubes to fail to process.
Note: If it becomes necessary to remove and reinstall the IT Analytics CSMP Pack this fix should be re-applied. Do not reapply this fix after upgrading to a new version of the pack.