Offbox upgrade scenario from SMP 7.1.SP2 to SMP 7.5:
1. Install ITMS 7.1.SP2 MP 1.1 and latest roll-up (v9 in my case).
2. Rollout SMA and ITMS plugins to all clients
3. Install ITMS 7.5 to different server
4. On 7.1.SP2 NS open NS Console -> All Settings -> Agent plugins -> SMA -> Targeted Settings. Switch to "Advanced" tab of SMA settings and specify 7.5 NS Name and Web.
5. Go to client and update configuration.
Expected: client switch to the 7.5 NS and works with it.
Actual: client will not switch to the new NS. In SMA log error "Invalid response from server" will occur.
Known issue. Changes made in “Altiris.web.NS dll”. Version of NS Server is added to error response of GetClientPolicies.aspx.
This issue has been addressed in the ITMS 7.5 SP1 release.
A pointfix is available for customers that have not upgraded to ITMS 7.5 SP1 (for those that are still in ITMS 7.5 HF6). See attached "Pointfix_eTrack3495896_7.5_HF6.zip"
SMP 7.5 with HF6 installed (See DOC7337)
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX:
HOW TO UNINSTALL THIS POINTFIX:
1. Changes made in “Altiris.web.NS dll”.
Version of NS Server is added to error response of GetClientPolicies.aspx.
This hotfix has the following known issues:
Problem reproducible with SMA 7.1.SP2 MP1.1 Rollup v9 and not reproducible with SMP from original 7.1.SP2 (no MP, no rollups).