How to Enable Desktop Experience with Windows Server 2008 and Device Control 8.2.x to view shadowed media files. The Desktop Experience feature of Windows Server 2008 includes programs such as Windows Media Player or DirectX. These programs may be required to view shadowed media data. If you do not need to view shadowed media files, you can ignore this procedure.
To Enable Desktop Experience:
1) Click Start > Administrative Tools, and then double-click Server Manager.
2) In Server Manager, click Add Features under Features Summary.
3) In the Add Features Wizard dialog box, make sure that the Desktop Experience option is selected.
4) Click Next, and then click Install.
5) After the installation process is complete, click Close, and then close Server Manager.
6) You must restart the computer to apply the change.