How to build the RMS query to know the installed Microsoft KB updates on Windows 2008 server machine.
1) Open RMS Console and select the "Files" data source.
2) In the field specification tab, under selected fields, please remove "file name (with path)" and add "file name (No Extension)"
3) In the filter specification tab, expand "File Name Information" and select "file name (No Extension)" and click on Add.
4) In the filter term definition window, select "Specific Value" radio button and "contains" from the drop down menu.
5) Type "KB" in the available field under specify a value option.
6) Click on scope tab and expand "Advanced Scopes" to select "Scope to a directory or share on a machine in a domain".Click on add scope.
7) In the additional settings window, enter the respective domain name, machine name and directory path as "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download".
8) Under file level option, select the radio button next to "Files contained in this directory/share and its subdirectories" and "All directories below this directory/share".
9) Click on Ok to close the "Additional Settings" window and run the query.