The Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) is updated with most of the latest virus definitions and distributes them to its clients, except for the SONAR definitions.
There are no error messages, but to see if definitions have updated on the manager, open the SEPM console and navigate to Admin - Servers - Local Site. Select Show LiveUpdate Downloads to see the SONAR revision currently available on the SEPM.
1. Change the Communication Mode from Push to Pull.
2. Roll back the SONAR definitions to an older set.
3. Reboot the server with the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
4. Verify that the clients roll back their SONAR definitions to the chosen set.
5. After the manager has updated its SONAR definitions, set clients to get their definitions normally.
Windows Server 2008 R2.
SEPM: v 12.1