When attempting to publish a project that includes a library added from the repository the publishing process fails.
The error displayed in the user interface is "Failure, Reason: Access to the path 'dllname.dll' is denied."
In the LogicBase.ToolCore.exe log you will see a stacktrace similar to the one below:
Application Name : LogicBase.ToolCore.exe
Process ID : 93480
Date :12/8/2011 7:18:21 AM
Log Level :Error
Log Category :EntManDeployAction
Machine Name : SD71
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'dllname.dll' is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at LogicBase.Tool.Deployment.DeployAction.CreateDeploymentImage(ApplicationProperty deployedProperties, String baseUrl, Boolean showPropertyEditor)
at Symantec.Workflow.Plugins.Deploy.EntMan.EntManDeployAction.DeployProjectToServer(String userName, ApplicationProperty properties, String server, String vdir)
The local copy of the library in the repository is marked read-only.
Symantec is aware of the issue and is working on a solution.
The following workaround is available in the meantime:
1. On the machine you are attempting to publish from, go to Program Files\Symantec\Workflow\Shared\repositorylib.
2. In the repositorylib folder you will have one of more folders with a GUID for a folder name. Each folder corresponds to a different library in the repository.
3. Open the GUID folder. In each GUID folder there will be one or more numbered folders.
4. Open the numbered folder and then right click on the dll within and go to Properties.
5. Deselect the Read-Only attribute and click OK.
Repeat steps 3 - 5 for any other repository libraries you included in projects you wish to publish.