When trying to click on the Task Status icon, it never pops up.
The machine wide Default Launch and Activation security descriptor is invalid. It contains Access Control Entries with permissions that are invalid. The requested action was therefore not performed. This security permission can be corrected using the Component Services administrative tool.
DCOM ACL issue
To solve this problem, you should remove and add the Access Control Entries of DCOM.
You can do so by following these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg and press ENTER
2. Expand Component Services
3. Expand Computers
4. Right click My Computer and click Properties
5. Click the COM Security tab
6. Be sure to write down the current permissions before removing ACL’s. Then remove and add all present ACL’s.