Problem: Client gets a zip archive file with PGP Desktop.exe in it. When trying to install using the .exe file; it cannot install and generates an generic error.
Reason: client should only be installing a .msi file not an .exe file.
Use the following steps to install PGP Desktop:
1. Start the installation using the .exe file, do not continue the installation when prompted to select a language.
2. Click Start > Run (Windows XP) of Start and type %temp% (Windows 7). The contents of the Windows Temp directory are displayed.
3. Locate in the Temp directory, a PGP folder. It will display PGP follow by some numbers. e.g. PGP2dd41.
4. In the directory, search for a .msi file. Copy the .msi file to the Windows Desktop or other location
5. Restart the installation using the .msi file.