You find that SPAM effectiveness has dropped. This article describes how to remove all the SPA rules and have SMSMSE download new rules.
NOTE: This article is one steps in the process outline in: How to troubleshoot Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) When Symantec Premium AntiSpam (SPA) fails to detect SPAM or effectiveness is low.
The following instructions step through the process of removing the bm_ruleset folders on the system and initiates a new download of current bm_ruleset folders.
1. Stop the following services:
2. Navigate to the location of the BM_Ruleset directories:
3. Create a backup folder (BM_Backup) and move all folders starting with "bm_ruleset" into the backup folder.
4. Start the following services:
5. After starting the services, if new bm_ruleset folders delete the BM_Backup directory containing the old bm_ruleset folders. If they are not being created review the conduit.log in the \Logs directory for errors.