CleanUp task is too long to delete old patch data after upgrade when there are many patch items that exist in the database before upgrade.
Open NS console after upgrade > Manage > Jobs and Tasks > Software > Patch Management > Import patch data for Windows. Click > CleanUp task.
Package Items were not deleted during CleanUp task. This issue can affect performance of the Notification Server update schedule.
This will be resolved in ITMS 7.1 SP2
1. Disable task "NS.Package Distribution Point Update Schedule"
2. Stop service "Altiris Service"
3. Delete all records relating to the virtual directories for Patch Solution in file C:\Windows\System32\Inetsrv\Config\ApplicationHost.xml
4. Start service "Altiris Service"
5. Start the cleanup task for Patch