- HTTP 404 error while accessing the msu file
- HI patch installation requirement will run in system context on Windows Vista/Windows 7
Internet Information Server (IIS) needs to be configured so that it can serve the file extension that clients are requesting.
To do this files extension must be registered in its MIME types list.
1. Open the IIS manager. (Version 6.0)
2. Expand the Web Site (preferably custom website) node and right click to select 'Properties'
3. Click on the 'HTTP Headers tab' and click the 'MIME Types' button.
4. Click New and add the following:
MIME type: application/microsoftupdate OR wusa.exe
5. Once IIS is set as such Http 404 error will not appear from clients side to open any *.msu file.
Set up HI Policy:
1. Add a new HI policy and name it
2. Select Requirement and click on “Add” button
3. Select “Patch requirement” and name it
4. Type the “Patch name” for example: KB971468
5. Select the Operating System. For example: Windows 7 Professional /Ultimate/ Enterprise
6. In “Install the patch if it has not been installed on the client”,
under “Download URL:” type the location where the*. msu file resides.
For example: http://IP:Port/Windows6.1-KB971468-x64.msu
7. Type the command under “Execute the command”.
For example: wusa.exe /quiet "c:\windows\temp\Windows6.1-KB971468-x64.msu"
One the above settings are in place, Host Integrity patch installation requirement will run in system context on Windows Vista/Windows 7.
Windows Vista / Windows 7
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) 11 RU6 MP3
Symantec Network Access Control (SNAC) for 11.x