All the clients are updated with the latest definition but the manager console still shows "Security Status-Attention Required".
Check the Detail report, you can see the Virus Definition is shown up-to-date, but the IPS signature is shown out-of-date.
"Security Status-Attention Needed"
The root cause is SEPM cannot compare the time stamp in correct date format.
By default, SEPM can identify the date format as MMDDYY, and the IPS signature time stamp had been saved on SEPM as the format MMDDYY.
If you set the date format to DDMMYY or others, it may trigger this problem.
This issue si fixed in SEP 12.1 RU1.
Before you get the Update version, or you don't want to upgrade the SEPM, we have a workaround to resolve the problem.
Please follow below procedure to perform the workaround:
1. Log in the SEPM console;
2. Go to Home page;
3. Click Preferences link in the left top of the Home page;
4. Select the Logs and Reports tab in the pop-up window;
5. Change the Date format to MMDDYY;
6. Click OK button to save the new configuration;
7. Refresh the Home page and check the status.
The issue will be resolved and you will get the result as below:
SEP Version: SEP 12.1 RTM.