Customer cloned the "Symantec Level 1 Workers" role and is modifying it to give it's members access to Real Time System Management (RTSM) to manage the remote computers.
In a resource manager for a target computer he clicks on View - Real-Time.
The page opens and displays the center pane with "Real_Time Consoles" folder and it's sub-folders.
It does not display the "Summary" .
When selecting one of the folders contents it fails to connect saying:
"No supported protocols found. Check connection profile settings and credentials.".
No supported protocols found. Check connection profile settings and credentials.
Insufficient privileges and permissions.
In the security role we made the following changes:
1. Added Read access to "Settings > Remote Management > Out of Band Management > Configuration Service Settings > Configuration Profiles".
2. Added Read access to "Settings > Monitoring and Alerting > Credential Settings > Credentials Management".
3. Added Read access to "Settings > Monitoring and Alerting > Protocol Management > Connection Profiles > Manage Connection Profiles".
In the Console we added access permissions the Default Connection Profile by:
1. Open "Settings > All Settings > Monitoring and Alerting > Protocol Management > Connection Profiles > Manage Connection Profiles".
2. Click on "Default Connection Profile" and select Edit.
3. Click on the "Access permissions to protocols settings" link under the "Connection profile name".
4. Add the desired users or groups and give them "Read" and "Use" permissions.
We then logged into the Console as the user and were able to select the 'Default Connection Profile" by clicking on the link contained in the "You can modify connection profile here: Default Connection Profile" and selecting the "Default Connection Profile".
He was then able to remotely access the target computer.
We also confirmed that it works through the "Actions > Remote Management > Real-Time Management" menu in the Console.
Management Platform 7.1