Remoted to Client: Checked Altiris Agent GUI > Software Update Tab; found some Software Updates stuck in 'Retrying' status.
Additionally, the Windows System Assessment Scan folder is 'Retrying' status.
The 'Retrying' Status is a result of the client receiving all necessary policies to execute the update, but the client is unable to download the Software Update Package from the Package Server / SMP Server.
This could be caused by package data corruption, corruption in the snapshot.xml or the snapdata.xml, or the NTFS permissions on the package may be unable to allow download.
May also be caused by the DNS assigning the wrong IP address to the Package / Site Servers.
Package status may be set to uninstalled due to corrupt or invalid credentials upon installation/upgrade.
Please review the following possible resolutions for Patch Management Solution 7.5.x - 8.0.x:
1. Confirm Windows Patch Remediation Settings policy > Packages tab configurations are in order:
2. Ensure the download location for Patch Packages is accessable to the environment
3. Ensure Site Management is in order:
4. Run the 'ping' from the Client in CMD prompt:
5. Ensure the Site/Package Server has Anti Virus exclusions in place and the software types are in order.
6. Check GUIDs for packages and ensure they are not all 0's:
7. Confirm the Site/Package Server settings are in order and they are in sync with the SMP:
8. When affecting the Windows System Assessment Scan (WSAS) Package:
Advisory: Often the issue is resolved via a process happening outside the product;
Patch Management Solution 7.5.x - 8.0.x