"Server Error! Please contact administrator. (Error No. 3)" encountered when machines try to download on-demand client from a gateway enforcer. As a result, the machines cannot connect to protected resources through the gateway enforcer.
"Server Error! Please contact administrator. (Error No. 3)." in browser.
Before a machine can download the on-demand client within a supported browser, the machine needs to be authenticated according to the configured authentication method. There is a queue and the maximum number of authentication sessions in this queue is 100.
Currently, when the browser is closed before user credentials are passed to the enforcer, the authentication session is never freed from the queue. Eventually, the queue becomes full and further authentication requests are blocked with Error No. 3.
This defect has been resolved in the SEP 11.0 RU7 MP1 release. Please upgrade to this version or later to resolve the issue.
Alternatively, as a temporary workaround, the on-demand service can be restarted to restore functionality.
To restart the on-demand service, please use the following steps:
1. Log in to enforcer CLI console.
2. Issue the on-demand disable command and wait until on-demand is stopped.
3. Issue the on-demand enable command.
- It happens after the gateway enforcer has been running for a while (usually for days).
- Once it has happened, it happens to all machines that try to download on-demand client from the enforcer.