When the following security policy is enabled, the Altiris services can’t be started up.
Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing
After disable this policy, the Altiris services can be started up normally
While starting the Altiris service you see the following error:
Follow the below mentioned workaround to resolve this issue.
- Go to Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options
- Select "System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing"
- Disable the above policy.
- Go to command prompt and do gpupdate /force.
- Start the altiris service.
Note : Symantec is aware of this issue and will update this document when a solution becomes available. It is not necessary to log a support case on this issue. Please subscribe to this article to be notified of any updates.
- Windows server 2003 SP2
- Notification server 7.0