During installation of Symantec Endpoint Encryption Framework 7.0 on a Microsoft Windows 7 system, you receive an error and installation fails.
Error : Could not write value FullPath to key \SOFTWARE\Encryption Anywhere\Framework\Loader\EACommunication. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
Possible cause :
1. Insufficient registry permission for the current user
2. SEE Framework entry already exists in the registry
Make sure we have sufficient registry permission for the key HKEY\LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Encryption Anywhere\Framework if exsit.
1. Backup the entire registry by clicking File and then click on Export.
2. Open the registry, click Edit and click on Find.
3. In Find what, type Encryption and remove the entries related to Symantec Endpoint Encryption.
4. Reboot the system and try to reinstall the SEE Framework.
New installation of SEE Framework 7 on Microsoft Windows 7