This article describes the steps to determine the current key mode being utilized and how to change the Key Mode in Symantec Encryption Desktop (formerly known as PGP Desktop).
Determine your Key Mode
- Open Symantec Encryption Desktop.
- Click the PGP Messaging Control box.
- Select the PGP Messaging service whose key mode you want to determine. The account properties and security policies for the selected service appear.
- Click the Key Mode button in the Account Properties of the Messaging Service to determine the Key Mode being used.
This tells you that the key mode for the selected service is Guarded Key Mode and that the associated PGP Universal Server is keys.example.com.
Changing the Key Mode if Messaging is enabled in the Policy
To Change your key mode perform the following steps.
- Open Symantec Encryption Desktop and select the PGP Messaging Control box.
- Select the PGP Messaging service whose key mode you want to change. The account properties and security policies for the selected service appear.
- Click the Key Mode button next to Universal Server field.
- Click the Reset Key button, the PGP Key Setup Assistant appears, and then click Next.
- Select the desired key mode from the Key Management Selection screen and click Next.
- On the Key Source Selection screen, select one of the available options: New Key, PGP Desktop Key, or Import Key and click Next.
- If you selected New Key, do the following:
Enter a passphrase for the key, then click Next. When the key is generated, click Next and then click Finish.
- If you selected PGP Desktop Key, do the following:
Select the key from the local keyring that you want to use, then click Next and then click Finish.
- If you selected Import Key, do the following:
Browse to file that holds the PGP key you want to import (it must contain a private key), then click Next and then click Finish
After completing these steps, confirm the change of your Key Mode by using the steps described in the Determine your Key Mode directions described above.
Changing the key mode if the Messaging Tab is not available
- Open Symantec Encryption Desktop
- Click on Tools >> Options
- Click the Advanced tab
- Click the Reset Key button to reset your key
- The "Welcome to the PGP Key Setup Assistant" will appear.
- Follow the steps on the screen to change the Key mode.