Adding the SEPM server IP address in the newly created MSL helped resolve the issue.
To add the IP address to MSL in SEPM, follow the steps below:
- Log in to SEPM.
- Click on policy tab on the left pane.
- Click on Policy components.
- Click on Management server list.
- Right click on the right pane and add new "Management Server lists"
- Keep the default HTTP radio button.
- Click on Add - New Server
- Add Management Server box will open
- Add the SEPM IP address in the server address box.
- Keep the check on customize HTTP port and the port number be 8014.
- Click OK and OK again.
- Assign this policy to the group where the SEP client should report .
- Export sylink.xml file from that group and replace it on the SEP client in DMZ.
- The SEP client will start communicating with the SEP Manager.
- SEP client installed in the DMZ.
- SEPM is installed on the server which is outside the DMZ.