Updates are shown in a 'Pending' state on the Software Update tab:
1. Below is a list of common causes:
2. There are less common issues that can cause this behavior as listed below:
3. Some instance have been caused by having both a Maintenance Window open for the targeted clients and having the Schedule Window configured on the Default Software Update Plug-in Policy.
ADVISORY: Inspecting the Agent Logs is key to isolating the cause of any issue; ensure the Agent Logs are reviewed to further troubleshoot this issue, for it can be caused by multiple failures.
1. Work through the following before moving to the less common section below, make sure to start with the most likely based on the cause and symptoms before looking at other resolutions:
2. To resolve the less common issues:
3. Disable the Maintenance Window, or the Schedule Window on the Default Software Update Plug-in Policy and run a single schedule on the Plug-in Policy.
Patch Management Solution for Windows 7.1 SP1, SP2, MP1 & 7.5