I have a port conflict with other application that uses tcp port 2222. How can I change which port SCSP uses?
Agent doesn't connect with the manager, or conflicts with another application.
Port conflict on Agent with another application which is using port 2222.
To change the default communication port on SCSP Agent:
1. Log into the management console.
2. Now, click on the "Prevention View" tab at the top of the screen
3. Click on the "Configs" tab on the left below "Policies"
4. Right Click "Default Common Parameters" and choose "Properties"
5. Click the "Communication" tab
6. Change the port entry to any numeral from between 1024 to 65535 and click "ok"
7. Repeat steps 3-6 for the "Detection View" tab
Once this has been completed, please make sure you apply the new common parameters to the agents.
1. Navigate to the 'Prevention View' Tab
2. Click on Assets from the left hand side of the display.
3. Under the 'Common Configs' List, click on the 'Common Configuration
4. Select the agents you wish to modify. If you wish to select all of them click on one agent, then 'Ctrl+A'.
5. Right click and select 'Apply Config'
6. A dialog box should will appear. Navigate to the newly updated 'Default Common Parameters' it will be suffixed with the version. ie. r1 and select
7. Click Finish
8. This will apply the new configuration to the agent.
9. Repeat Steps 2-8 on the 'Detection View Tab'
**Note: No manual restart of services are required to have configuration applied. You can also set or customize the notfication port from 2222 during agent installation; However, the settings in 'Default common parameters' take precedence in case fo a conflict.